Click on the picture to get the next photo layer. Below you can write a comment.
Name's history: Acricotopus indet2, Acricotopus ?lucens-type
- premandible 1 or 2 +1 (apical slightly incised +basal)
- seta S1 1.8 (inner shorter than outer)
- mentum: no accessory tooth next to 1st lateral like in A.longipalpus Reiss 1968, middle worn, 7 lateral teeth, submental setation below 3.5 lateral tooth, strong beared
- mandible 3-1-0-0 (inner-apical-outer-surface)
- 3rd instar?
- quite strong postoccipital margin
Head (3rd? instar)
I suggest this is maybe Acricotopus longipalpus or lucens? I'm wrong? It's difficult to decide, because of the 3rd instar as well.
it looks like A. lucens based on the wide median tooth of mentum. Notes that the Nearctic species A. nitidellus(Malloch) may be the synonym of A. lucens.