Chironomidae indet 2
Click on the picture to get the next photo layer. Below you can write a comment.
- mentum: 1 median tooth, 6/7 lateral;
- mandible: 3-1-0-2 (inner-apical-outer-surface) large surface teeth;
- premandible 2; seta S1 bifid but incised;
- postoccipital margin: dark brown
- antenna 5-segments, RO in the lower 3rd of segment 1
Labrum (3rd instar specimen 1):
Mentum (4th instar, specimen 3):
Note the beard
Mentum-divided (3rd instar, specimen 2):
Antenna (3rd instar, specimen 4):
Mandible/Premandible (3rd? instar, specimen 2):
this specimen is similar to Acricotopus indet 1, but the mentum is quite different. Maybe an other Acricotopus...
the first glance give me an appearrance of a memeber of Corynocera, but the premandible reject my opinion. I agree with your comment, it may be another Acricotopus. Note that Zhang and Wang (2004) published 2 new species in the genus Acricotopus near the Tibet plataeu.